Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Expect unexpected

It was unexpected yoga class. My two friends and students show up with their parents and parents in law respectively. The plan to do the detox class after the  New Year's Eve season was disappearing and I was observing the jewelry on ladies and belts on gentlemen...seriously?
My brain started to run. What do  I know about the yoga for seniors ? What is the Emergency  phone?

I started the class, with obvious questions about health conditions, injuries, surgeries...and little explanation what it is yoga, about connection of body and mind...and I was anxiously waiting for some inspiration what to DO!

And with my deep exhale I get it: nothing to DO, just to BE. And to be in the present, we concentrate on the breath.
So we started with some deep breathing, and after that  the class just flowed in peace. They were impressive. With the total commitment, with effort, for sure, but also the dedication and amazing will power, all  seniors flowed from one asana to another...in very first time in their life in the age 70-75 years old!

It was incredible class, inspiring the humbleness and admiration. Thank you for such a life lesson...

PS: Today one of the ladies told me: When I go back to Holland, I will start the yoga! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment