Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love - For Jackee

4 Mantras for True Love of Thich Nhat Hanh:
  1. “Darling, I am here for you”. If you really love someone, you have to be fully present for him or her.
  2. “ I know you are there and I m very happy”. To be truly present and know that the other is also there is a miracle.
  3. “ Darling, I know you are suffering. That is why I am here for you.”  If you are mindful, you will notice when your bellowed is suffering.
  4. “ Darling, I am suffering. Please help”. This mantra we practice when we suffer. Only six words, but sometimes they are difficult to say because of the pride in our hearts, especially if it was the person we love whom we believe caused us to suffer.
I was working tonight on the 4th chakra for our detox week, and while I was copying the lines form Thich Nhat Hahn, I was feeling deep emotions running in my body. The blood became warmer, the heart was expanding, the breath deepened. 

The reflexion is about love, and specifically about unconditional love. How many times we are mistaking the love just with our fear of being alone and grabbing on somebody else? How often we think we love, but we  expect the same feeling back. How many times we fall in love and we hope that the person will change for us. How many discussions finish in tears and " If you..."

So I was writing about unconditional love, and the word itself is already WITHOUT conditions, still we put so many since the first date. When I was 14, I remembered one quotation, I don t know who said it:" If we really love somebody, he has all right on us, even not to love us back. "
And for me, unconditional love is this. Be here, be present, be mindful, and cherish this magic feeling in our heart whatever happen, without expectation, because at the end, the most important is not to have the love back from somebody else, but feel this warm light inside of us...and this sensation, this light, is ours. Nobody can take it away from us.

So next time you feel in love or unhappy because of non-reciprocity, think about the magic gift the life just offered to you and observe if you love to be loved back or if you LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment