Sunday, June 26, 2011

Holidays in Spain

Embarrassing mother? No kidding...what did I do today? I just missed the plane of my 3 kids, their friend and my bro flying to Barcelona. How? Easily...just confusing the arrival time in Barcelona with departure time in Prague...
2 cars, full of kids and luggage, golf bags. And 10 mins from airport, my bro watch the flying ticket and said:
" You know that the plane is leaving in 20 minutes, right?"
" No, it is original departure, they changed it." was my answer.


Oh yes, they did. They really changed it. From 10.40am to 10.25 am...and it was 10am and we were not yet at the airoport!

I just screamed: everybody in the cars and we run. Nobody understand nothing at the gas station, 7 people at the same moment just start to run crazy. I started to drive...and forgot that in front of me was side walk. Ok, not the moment to destroy the car or have an accident!
In front of the aeroport it looked like action movie...we parked and I run completely  mad to the departure hall yelling that we have the plane in 10 minutes...of course, nobody was really interested. They told me calmly that there is too many people, the plane can t  wait just for us, so sorry, I have to rebook...

So I went in deep silence and go  to rebook...I was just mentaly praying they have tickets and maybe not too much to pay? Aha...
"Today there is not other plane...let me see...tomorow it is full...so maybe Monday morning...aha, 5 people, it can be problem. And I have to pay 250euro per persone..."


This was the moment my daughter told me: ok, we go for coffee. An she stayed with me.I had terrible unhappy thoughts:
1. I defintiely f@$# this one
2. what I will do now, brining to the sh** not only my kids, but also their friend and my bro, my husband waiting in Barcelona for them...
3. loosing time for their holiday
4. loosing money for stupidity, oh, if I think how many kids would have food or scholarship in India...pathetic, I know.
5. Then I saw we left from gas station with bottle of Red Bull...oh yes, it gives wings, but did not help to fly today. And we did not pay!
6. So I visualise the Evening Break news...Derhy gang stealing wings in the gas station...Kids of french banker robbing...Morality of yoga teacher mom...Uf.
This I call Self beating. Oh yes, I m good in it!

I was watching absently around, sent few sms to informe my dears about the situation with the trumbling hands...and start to evaluate the situation from the "calmer" perspective. Like...if it just happen to my best friend.
Boys went to Mac Do, thanks god for it! Girls went to re-load the luggages in the car, Noemie was buying me a coffee.  I called Tomas Trebizky, amazing travel agent since 8 years now...and he picked up the phone Saturday morning, arranged my new ticket for half price the same day afternoon, send them all on my email, and my great friend Radka printed them out and brought them to the airport exactly at the moment that it was my turn in the queue. My friend Jitka brought home one of two cars and I drove home slowly slowly, to make sure I will not cause any accident as I felt nervously exhausted. It was hard day, for sure, but I was protected by amazing angels-friends. Thank you!

Ah, and I forgot: on the way back I stopped by the gas station and payed for the Red Bull bottle.  Enough Karma for one day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment